Admissions for 2021-2022
Virtual Open House
- This is an optional 30 minute opportunity to get a brief window into the work we do at PAMDS
- This event can be attended before you submit a formal application
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
Open House Dates:
- Tuesday, October 6th – 5:00-5:30pm
- Wednesday, October 21st – 9:22-9:42am (Sign up here: Parents League Preschool Fair Presentation)
- Thursday, November 19th – 5:00-5:30pm
- Wednesday, December 16th – 5:00-5:30pm
- Tuesday, October 6th – 5:00-5:30pm
- The application is required before moving through the rest of the process
- Applications are due by January 8th, 2021
- The application fee is $80 (a PayPal link will be provided once your application is submitted online)
- In order to submit the application form, you must upload a PDF or Word document containing a short essay that answers the following question: In choosing a preschool for your child, why do you think Park Avenue Methodist Day School’s Playful Inquiry program would be an appropriate fit? Use this question as an opportunity to tell us about your child and your family.
- In order to submit the application form, you must also upload a photo of your family to be used for admissions purposes
- Application Links:
2s Application (For children who will be two years of age by September 1st, 2021)*
2s/3s Application (For children who will be three years of age by December 31st, 2021)*
3s/4s Application (For children who will be four years of age by December 31st, 20201)
* Children born between September 1st, 2018 and December 31st, 2018 qualify for both the 2s Program and 2s/3s Program. Families have the option to choose which program they apply to. PAMDS will partner with families throughout the admissions process to determine best placement.
- If your family is applying for financial aid, please note that all materials must be submitted by November 30th, 2020
- The tour is required to be considered for admission
- This live virtual tour hosted by Molly and Jeanne-Marie will last approximately one hour
- You will see videos and a slide show of the school, our spaces, members of our community and our children at work
- You will be invited to sign up for a tour only after you submit a formal application online (please allow a few weeks before receiving available tour dates via email)
Meeting with Molly or Jeanne-Marie
- This is an optional addition to the process this year
- These meetings will allow us an opportunity to hear more about your family and your child
- While this step is not required, all interactions with your family will help the admissions team better inform admissions decisions
- This meeting is for adults only and will last approximately 30 minutes
- You will have an opportunity to sign-up for this after you complete your tour
- The video submission is required to be considered for admission
- In lieu of the playgroup, we are asking that you submit a 5 to 10 minute video of your child at play
- Please consider the following question: When is your child most joyous and truly engaged in the work of play?
- We will send you more information about this video and submitting it through Google Drive once you complete your tour
- We are member of the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY). Therefore, all families will be notified of acceptance on Thursday, February 25th, 2021
- You must reply to the notification by Thursday, March 4th, 2020
- Sibling and legacy families (parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents who attended PAMDS) should let the office know if they would like to opt for Early Notification. These families should submit an application, attend a tour and submit their video as soon as possible as they will be notified of acceptance between December 1st, 2020 and January 15th, 2021 according to ISAAGNY guidelines.
Note: ISAAGNY member schools admit students of any race, color, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin to all the rights and privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at their schools. Member schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin in administration of their educational policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.