September 2022 Admissions
Thank you so much for your interest in Park Avenue Methodist Day School. This year, due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, we are taking extreme precautions to ensure the health and safety of our current families and children. While we will utilize technology for our tours and meetings with prospective families, it remains critical that we get to know your family, your values and your child. We will ensure you feel connected to PAMDS throughout the process, so that you can better understand our Playful Inquiry philosophy and the community that makes us so special. Please note that we will use Zoom and Google Drive for our admissions process. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting all of you soon.
Optional Virtual Open House
- Families may attend a Virtual Open House before submitting an application.
- The Virtual Open House an optional 30-minute opportunity to get a brief window into the work we do at PAMDS. (Please note that regardless of whether a family has attended a Virtual Open House, anyone who submits an application will later be required to attend a Virtual Tour.)
- Dates and Times:
- Wednesday, October 13 at 5pm
- Tuesday, November 16 at 5pm
- Thursday, December 9 at 5pm
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
- Submitting an application form is required to be considered for admission.
- Applications are due by January 7th, 2022.
- The application fee is $80 (a PayPal link will be provided once your application is submitted online).
- In order to submit the application form, you must upload a PDF or Word document containing a short essay that answers the following question: In choosing a preschool for your child, why do you think Park Avenue Methodist Day School’s Playful Inquiry program would be an appropriate fit? Use this question as an opportunity to tell us about your child and your family.
- In order to submit the application form, you must also upload a photo of your family to be used for admissions purposes.
- Application Links:
2s Application (For children who will be two years of age by September 1st, 2022)*
2s/3s Application (For children who will be three years of age by December 31st, 2022)*
3s/4s Application (For children who will be four years of age by December 31st, 20202)
*Children born between September 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 qualify for both the 2s Program and 2s/3s Program. Families may submit an application for one program. PAMDS will partner with families throughout the admissions process to determine best placement.
- If your family is applying for financial aid, please note that all materials must be submitted by November 30th, 2021.
2. Virtual Tour
- The Virtual Tour is required to be considered for admission.
- Families will be invited to sign up for a Virtual Tour only after submitting the application online (please allow a few weeks before receiving available tour dates via email).
- The live Virtual Tour is hosted by Molly and Jeanne-Marie.
- The Virtual Tour is for adults only and will last approximately an hour and a half.
- Families will see videos and a slide show of the school, our spaces, members of our community and our children at work.
3. Video Submission
- The Video Submission is required to be considered for admission.
- In lieu of the playgroup, we are asking that you submit a five minute video of your child at play.
- Please consider the following question: When is your child most joyous and truly engaged in the work of play?
- PAMDS will send you more information about video requirements after applicant families attend the Virtual Tour.
- Families are required to submit their video at least 48 hours before attending the Virtual Family Meeting (see below).
4. Virtual Family Meeting
- The Virtual Family Meeting is required to be considered for admission.
- The meeting will give the admissions team an opportunity to hear more about your family and your child.
- This meeting is for adults only and will last approximately 30 minutes.
- Families will be invited to sign up for a Virtual Family Meeting after attending the Virtual Tour.
- We are member of the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY). Therefore, all families will be notified of acceptance on Thursday, March 3rd, 2022.
- You must reply to the notification by Thursday, March 10th, 2022.
- All accepted families will have an opportunity to do a brief, in-person tour of PAMDS between notification of acceptance and the reply deadline on March 10th.
- Note: Sibling and legacy families (parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents who attended PAMDS) should let the office know if they would like to opt for Early Notification. Early Notification families must complete all steps of the application process (submit an application, apply for Financial Aid if applicable, Virtual Tour, Video Submission, and Virtual Family Meeting) as soon as possible. According to ISAAGNY guidelines, Early Notification will be sent on December 9th, 2021 and families must reply to the notification by December 16th, 2021.
ISAAGNY Equity & Inclusion Statement
ISAAGNY believes that an ethical and equitable admission process must be centered in antiracism and anti-bias. We welcome diversity and embrace differences, including but not limited to those of race, ethnicity, family structure, physical ability, gender identity and expression, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity, and any characteristic protected by applicable law. These values are essential and non-negotiable. ISAAGNY is dedicated to guiding and supporting member schools as they continue to create and cultivate equitable admissions processes, consistent with these values.
ISAAGNY is committed to putting our values into action. This begins with those who sit in positions of privilege, and cannot only be the work of historically marginalized people. ISAAGNY expects its member schools to promote access and opportunities for all families who seek an independent school experience for their children.